Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sterling's Grand Illusion

At 27 lbs, this carbon Grand Illusion is extremely responsive to edge control

My Romany and Gulfstream are just not big enough anymore.  As I'm starting to run more overnight programs again, I need a boat that I can use for multi-day commercial guiding, OB programs, and PC Level 3 Skills course's. So I need a higher volume boat, however maneuverability is extremely important to me...I don't want to paddle a boat that just goes straight. I'm hoping that Sterling's Grand Illusion will solve this problem.

Liam playing with a few greenland roles

Sterling's has been extremely generous and lent me his Carbon GI until early November. So the plan is to "test" this boat in a variety of conditions. I brought it with me last weekend to the SKGABC fall exchange. skgabc.org I wanted feedback from guides that spend more days in the field then me. Well, it was a hit. Next I'm heading to Tofino for a week of kayak surfing, then off to Surge Narrows for the SKILS retreat and year end meeting. skils.ca I'll put out the completed report in November.

Look at that rocker!
Thanks again Sterling. sterlingskayak.com

1 comment: